01 March 2021 (Deadline of Submission)
20 March to 03 April 2021 (Exhibition Date)
Passion Art Gallery
5th Level, SM Megamall, Ortigas Center
|Deadline for Submission||March 1, 2021 12 noon|
|Submission to Jury||March 2, 2021|
|Announcement of accepted participants||March 4, 2021|
|Ingress||March 18 and 19|
|Exhibit date||March 20- April 3 2021|
OPEN TO ALL CURRENT PAID “REGULAR” MEMBERS OF THE PHILIPPINE PASTEL ARTISTS INC. DUES FOR 2021 MUST BE PAID BEFORE: February 22, 2021
Please send your proof of payment to this email: email@example.com with the subject heading: (Last Name, First Name_2021 Regular Membership Dues)
If you would like to have your membership status reviewed and upgraded from associate member to regular member, please contact Ms. Tessa Brodeth (firstname.lastname@example.org) . Deadline for application is February 25.
You may check qualifications to be a regular member at: https://philippinepastelartists.com/membership/.
Please send your letter of intent together with the requirements to this email: email@example.com with subject heading: “Application for regular membership”
Health and Safety Restrictions
Passion Arts Gallery is strictly abiding by the IATF and government guidelines which means that
- There will be no gathering for an opening ceremony
- Bringing of guests will be pre-scheduled with the gallery
- Mask and Face-shield should be worn at all times while inside the gallery
Terms and Conditions
- 80% of the top layer of the painting entered must be soft or oil pastel. Composition of work may NOT be taken from published work such as photos from magazines or professional photographer’s prints or digital images from the internet. If photo reference is used it must be from your own photos. Student or workshop work produced under supervision is NOT eligible. PAINTING MUST BE DONE WITHIN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Painting size must be 18 x 12 inches
- Each participant can submit a total of 4 paintings for the jury’s review, of which a maximum of two will be chosen for the exhibit.
- The jury will have a final say on the selected artworks.
- Accepted entries should be framed with a white one-inch box type frame, 2 inches off-white matting. With cord at the back so that it is ready for hanging
- Selected participants for the exhibit must submit a notarized certificate of authenticity for their artworks.
- Open to all regular members residing in the Philippines or overseas. Participants will shoulder the cost of shipping/ handling of their paintings for the exhibit. All paintings accepted must be ready for hanging when brought to the gallery during the ingress period.
FEES AND COMMISSION:
- Exhibit fee of Php 1500 shall be required from all participants whose artworks have been selected.
- The fee to be deposited thru (email) attention to Ms. Rosanne Hugo (firstname.lastname@example.org) , as soon asnotification of acceptance has been received by the participant.
- Commission Terms: 60% artist and 40% Gallery
All accepted works will also be displayed on the PPA Website. Failure to meet any of the requirements for eligibility will result in the work not being juried. Work that is considered offensive by PPA standards will not be accepted.
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES:
Please follow the instructions carefully regarding the preparation of your images.
- Set your camera for a high-quality image that is not less than 300 dpi. This will be large file size. Make sure your camera is centered with the painting when you shoot so that the image is not skewed or distorted. The use of a tripod is suggested.
- Crop the image. No glass cover, no matting, frame, or extraneous material should appear other than the painting.
- Resize the copy image with a resolution of 300 dpi to a length of 1900 pixels on the longest side.
- Name your file/s as: Member’s Name, Painting Numbe (i.e., JuanDelaCruz_Painting1)
- No photo enhancement. The submitted picture must be as close as possible to the actual painting. 8. Send your submission to this email:email@example.com
Subject: March 2021 Exhibit.
Include: Title of work, size, the medium used, and year completed, selling price (inclusive of the Gallery commission)
Notifications for accepted works will be sent via email on March 4, 2021.